Monday 20 August 2012

Bayview members in International Exhibitions!

A HUGE congratulations to Our president Shirley Scoble, who has just been accepted into her first International Juried Exhibition. Way to go Shirley!

Her painting 'Golden Sunshine' has been selected for the 2012 Pennsylvania Watercolor Society’s 33rd International Juried Exhibition. 


 But BWS has not one but two of our members in this prestigious exhibition!
I am very happy to let you all know that my painting 'Spinning a Tale' has also been selected for the 2012 Pennsylvania Watercolor Society’s 33rd International Juried Exhibition. This makes three years in a row that I have been accepted into this exhibition. WOW! Thank you to Paul Jackson who was the juror for selection.


 The exhibition will be held at the State Museum of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, PA and will run from November 4, 2012 - February 3, 2013. 
I'm also delighted to let you all know that  another of my paintings 'Dream Catcher' has been accepted into the 44th Annual Watercolor West  Juried Exhibition and has just been shipped today.
The exhibition will take place at the
The Brea Civic and Cultural Center
1 Civic Center Circle
Brea, CA 92821
October 13 - December 16, 2012


"Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be."
Karen Rayn
To me this child I painted represents each and every one of us. We all have dreams but how many of us just stand on the safe side of the fence and do not venture into the unknown and follow our dreams. I am so proud of you Shirley for following your dream!

When we enter these big shows there is an element of 'dream' in most of us because out of 600-700 paintings only 100 are selected.... we all hope and dream that this will be the one... the one that will get in... the one that will win an award.... the one that will make our name as an artist...

So Bayview members and our readers around the province of Ontario and the world....Its good to dream. Don't be afraid of failure. Catch those dreams and follow them. Yes, sometimes its a risky journey into the unknown but its also an exciting one. I am enjoying following my dream and I know Shirley is too. Are you following yours?


Ona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shirley and Ona. What an honor for BWS!